mattjohnsontv.blogspot.com

Reporter Reel

Reporting

Check out my latest reporting work in the posts below.

Friday, August 1, 2008

One Year Later: A Progress Report on Mississippi Bridges


It's been a year since the I-35W bridge collapse in my hometown of Minneapolis. A sad and tragic day certainly woke us all up to the dangers of bridges all over the nation. I remember reporting on the story when I was in Chattanooga. I was on the set with our anchors discussing the tragedy and my experience as a Minnesota native who had traveled that route. Now, a year later, I'm in Mississippi, where bridge safety is indeed a problem. Check out today's story, a progress report on Mississippi bridge safety.

Above here is a picture of a riverboat in the foreground of the Mississippi River bridge in Natchez, Mississippi, on the state's Western border with Louisiana, about 45 minutes West of Jackson. It's a beautiful, historic part of the state.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.