mattjohnsontv.blogspot.com

Reporter Reel

Reporting

Check out my latest reporting work in the posts below.

Friday, June 5, 2009

ON-AIR VIDEO: Lawmakers Battle Over Budget Late Into the Night

This is a new technological phenomenon in the business--and also a lazy way of doing something live. We can go live via the internet on skype. It's webcam over the internet that is live through the phone. It's complicated, but it works. Right now we still don't have the ability to be actually live...so this is the second best option. It's lower quality video and sound, but it works. This is a compilation of my work from the capitol Wednesday night as budget negotiators failed to reach a compromise on state spending. I ended up working til 1:30 a.m. Midnight was the deadline to pass a budget and the Legislature didn't do it...as far as what that means for taxpayers...see my next story below. You'll also see me questioning state leaders.

No comments: